19 December 2009

the petrushka dress by tracy tong


wow its soooo beautiful isnit?

so this is the dress designed and made by a friend of mine, tracy tong, a student from london college of fashion, being worn and photographed by english national ballet!  and here is a little introduction by the designer herself:

''I am studying in London college of fashion womenswear year 2.
this project is a collaboration with the English National Ballet,
so my inspiration was from the puppets from the ballet dance "Petrushka". 
so basically, my idea is from the puppets, the strings on the puppets (which is now the fringe) , and ballet :)"

and here are some design sketches from tracy, she is so talented!
another brilliant designer from hong kong other than johanna ho and jing and kay of daydream nation.
(another interesting fact is they were all studied in the uk! i always love british fashion ♥ )





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


































hope to see tracys garment in the shop soon, that would be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. OH....... you linked my name with johanna ho and jing wong and kay wong in the same blog post!

    I Am SOOOOOOOO flattered!

    and wt a coincidence, i accompanied my fd from BU to interview Jing Wong few days ago 0_0 i never thought i could interview him ,and i visited their show room,it's brilliant!

    I hope I could sell my designs in shops in the future too! and you writing made me so happy:D thanks a lot, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!!! thats way toooo cool! id LOOOOVE to visit their workshop as well, jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin